Getting Started with GO
Here's what this article covers:
- About GO
- How to Launch GO
- Customizing GO
- Minimizing GO
- Data and Battery Usage
GO is your personal transport companion. It can send you a notification when it’s time to leave, remind you to hurry up if you’re going to miss your ride, adjust your ETA if you’re in traffic or miss a transfer, or alert you when your destination is approaching.
GO runs in the background and works with voice notifications, so you can get lost in your music, or take a nap, without worrying that you’ll miss a thing.
Here's how GO works:
- After you press the GO button, Transit uses your phone's GPS and motion activity to detect whether you're walking, waiting at the stop, or on the bus. You don't need to do anything else!
- Once you've selected a route and we detect that you’re on a bus, we generate a new trip starting at the current time, and evaluate your ETA based on the predicted travel times between stops.
From the Trip Planner
- Enter your start and destination addresses in the Trip Planner
- Tap on the best trip result for your needs
- Launch GO from the Trip Details screen
In the Nearby Screen
- Tap the GO button underneath any of the transit lines on the Nearby screen
- A brand new trip is calculated and ignores all other data about arrival time
From the Timetables
- Tap the clock icon in the Nearby Screen
- Tap GO for the departure time you would like to set an alarm for
- You'll get a notification when it's time to leave to make that trip on time!
From the Route Map
- Tap the map pin icon under your route to open Route Maps
- Tap GO next to the stop where you want to get off
- You'll get a notification when you're approaching that stop
You can customize GO to fit your everyday commute. Here are some options:
- Customize walk time: tap on the 'x minutes walk' box to edit estimated walking time
Pro Tip: GO will then remember how long you set your walking speed for the next trip!
- Set alarms and reminders: choose how long before the trip you want to be notified
- Tap on the bell icon once you've launched GO
- You'll receive an additional alarm a few minutes before the regular Time to Go notification
- Turn voice notifications off and on
- Tap the speaker icon on the upper right-hand corner of the GO screen
You can minimize the GO screen to allow you to browse the rest of the app to view schedules and routes.
- Just swipe down from the top of the GO screen or from the "next steps" mini bar in the center of the screen.
- Tap the mini bar at the bottom of the screen to enter GO again.
Battery and Data Usage
While GO does require battery, we’ve managed to keep it down to ~5% for an average 20-minute trip (and that assumes you’re glued to your phone the entire ride.)
The same typical GO trip will take less than 100kb of data. That’s less than a kitten
When your phone is not connected to data or wifi (say, in an underground tunnel), the app will go offline. When offline, the app does not update with real-time information or update your location until you're connected to the internet again.
Your exact position is never shared with other riders. All data you generate using GO is anonymous, and it automatically turns off when you reach your destination. The position of the vehicle is only shared while GO is active and you’re on board.