Here's what this article covers:
Plan a Trip
To get directions from A to B, use the trip planner built into the app. Using the Trip Planner, you can quickly navigate to your favorite locations and pull up addresses from your phone's calendar to plan your favorite routes.
- Tap the search bar:
- Enter your destination. Here you can: type an address, select a point on the map, select a favorite location, or pull up an address from your phone's calendar or contacts.
- Tap the search result you want and select Get Directions.
- Tap in the upper Origin field to change your starting point, if desired.
- Compare trip results and choose what makes the most sense for you.
- Tap a search result to get more details, see the trip on a map, then launch GO for notifications during your trip.
Using your current location, saved locations, and time of day, Transit can predict where you’re most likely headed — whether it’s work, home, etc. As you move around your city, the search bar will update to show you estimated travel times to the predicted locations.
Tap the instant ETA box to open the trip planner and see different ways to get to your destination:
Plan a Trip in Advance
- In the trip planner, tap Leave Now:
- Choose between Leave Now or Leave at or Arrive By options.
- Set the time you would like to leave or arrive.
- Chose the route that fits your schedule.
- Tap the bell icon to set up a reminder about this trip.