Route Maps & Bus Tracking
Here's what this article over:
How To See Route Maps
- From the Nearby Screen, tap on the bus route you want to see
- Then, tap on the map pin
- Swipe left/right to see all the directions of the route map.
Understanding Bus Icons
We display vehicle icons on the map that represent the location of buses on that route. Based on where we are getting the arrival time data from, different icons will be shown on the Route Map.
Tap on the bus icon to see more about your bus location:
- For agencies without real-time data, tapping on the bus icons will show "Based on Schedule," meaning the locations of the buses are calculated based on predicted times from the agency.
- On the other hand, the agency provided real-time data, the bus icon will show how long since the bus locations have been updated, for example "28 Seconds Ago by MTA."
- For agencies with GO crowdsourcing, the bus icons that are using GO users crowdsourcing locations with a smiley face "Powered by GO".
Starting GO from Route Maps
Tapping GO next to a bus stop name in the route calculates a trip to that bus stop from your current location, given that it is a walkable distance.
Pro tip: When you're riding the bus and want notifications for when to get off, launch GO from this screen by clicking on the GO button next to your stop!
Viewing Connecting Lines
Trying to catch a connecting bus or train? To view the arrival times for connecting lines for any stop on the route maps:
- Tap the station you would like to see connecting lines for
- Tap Connecting Lines
- See the transit options near the station you've selected